Thursday, October 26, 2006

Khajuraho

I've been meaning to post every day for at least five days now, but the time just slips through my fingers. There is so much to do and nothing to do at the same time. I have been in the small town of Khajuraho for several days enjoying the feeling of having escaped my travel agency. I cancelled and got a refund on all of my train tickets, so now all I have to do is decide where to go next. I have two ideas; west by train to Varanasi then Kolkota and then further west by boat to the Andaman Islands, or north by train and plain to Kashmere. I'll decide within the next few days.

At the moment I am enjoying the 22 surviving 10th century temples of Khajuraho, the filter coffee, and the thousands of green parrots who flock to the trees at sunset. The internet, on the other hand, is not so great. The upload speed is painfully slow, and they charge you a dollar per uploaded photo. So, no pictures for now, but there are plenty to come.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, words instead of trash eating cows! Thank you for your efforts and bringing my anxiety meter back down to normal - which is ?? Love you - M.

6:04 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should get one of those maps on the side bar of your blog so people can see where you are in the country. I would look it up and figure it out but I have to get back to writing about boring musicians...Sounds like your stomach ailments have subsided, glad to hear (or not hear) about that. Enjoy the not work, it is bliss...

-k

11:24 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you x the guided tour?

11:08 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home