Monday, September 04, 2006

Triangles, Circles, and Lines

Today, in the midst of preparations for leaving the city tomorrow, I stumbled across this pair of pants in the middle of the sidewalk. It’s funny what one finds scary; for me, it was these pants. I was completely creeped out. Why were they there? What would prompt someone to abandond their pants in that way, laying them out in repose, like a corpse? Had someone been murdered? Was the owner lurking, pantsless, in the bushes? Had the owner been abducted by aliens? I walked rapidly away from the pants, before I could think of more alternatives.


Soon after, I came upon a hole in the fence of the children’s park, and I crawled inside. Not that there is admission, I just didn’t want to walk all the way around. What I found was a weird wonderland of rusting rides, and a disturbing absence of people.








5 Comments:

Blogger troeee said...

any chance of getting any of those rides going again?

6:03 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creepy! 2 corrections - abandon and I think the correct word would be "pantless"

8:25 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This place looks amazing. Were you all alone? Nobody else? Damn, I probably would of tried to climb up on some ride and ended up in some precarious position yelling for help...glad to (not?) hear you didn't.

4:23 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing is creepier than deserted amusement parks, or for that matter areas ment for buzzing human activity now deserted. CREEPY.

5:33 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon is me btw, if you couldn't tell with the incredible wit and sentence structure...

-Kevin

8:23 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home